Form 941-V – Payment Voucher
Note: Form 941-V is not available as a separate PDF, but is actually attached to the end of tax form 941. It is usually on the next to the last page. You can obtain the most recent copy of form 941-V by clicking on the most current year’s link.
Don’t forget to include your 941-V “Payment Voucher”. Complete Form 941-V, Payment Voucher, if you are making a payment with Form 941, Employer’s QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return.
The IRS will use the completed voucher to credit your payment more promptly and accurately, and to improve their service to you. If you have your return prepared by a third party and make a payment with that return, please provide this payment voucher to the return preparer.
To avoid a penalty, make your payment with Form 941 only if:
- Your net taxes for either the current quarter or the preceding quarter (line 10 on Form 941) are less than $2,500, you did not incur a $100,000 next-day deposit obligation during the current quarter, and you are paying in full with a timely filed return, or
- You are a monthly schedule depositor making a payment in accordance with the Accuracy of Deposits Rule.
If your Tax payment is $2,500 or more – You must deposit your payment by using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
Specific Instructions for Form 941-V
Box 1—Employer identification number (EIN). If you do not have an EIN, apply for one on Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, and write “Applied For” and the date you applied in this entry space.
Box 2—Amount paid. Enter the amount paid with Form 941.
Box 3—Tax period. Darken the circle identifying the quarter for which the payment is made. Darken only one circle.
Box 4—Name and address. Enter your name and address as shown on Form 941.
- Enclose your check or money order made payable to the “United States Treasury.” Be sure to enter your EIN, “Form 941,” and the tax period on your check or money order.
- Do not send cash. Do not staple Form 941-V or your payment to Form 941 (or to each other).
- Detach Form 941-V and send it with your payment and Form 941 to the address in the Instructions for Form 941.
Note: You must also complete the entity information above Part 1 on Form 941.
How to contact the IRS
Phone: Call 1-800-829-3676
Via the Internet: http://www.irs.gov/